Saw is starting to come back together, new bearings, shaft is in tight, new “tires” are one, and the blade guide is installed.
Originally I was going to use rubber inner tubes but I ran into a lot of issues with the blade tracking on the wheels. So scrapped that idea and went with wrapping the wheels in hockey tape. Using the tape I built up a hump in the middle of the wheels to help keep the blade stay in place. Built up about an 1/8″ of tape. Also while I was cleaning up the blade guide I noticed that it’s actually made entirely out of brass! The previous owner had painted over the brass …what a dummy, pictures show it all cleaned up and aligned. I decided to check out the wholesale wheels online and just bought new ones.
The saw is basically finished now but I want to change the motor mount, the motor is mounted on a pivot and that’s what caused the old bearings to wear out and wreck the shaft. I will change it to something more rigid setup.